Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Stargate: Atlantis Spinoff is a go

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 12:43 PM

Sci-fi announced that SG:Atlantis the first spinoff for stargate has been put into developement for release in 2004. You can get the details at www.gateworld.net

As a stargate fan im happy the show will get a spinoff and continue, but they also put into production like 9 more pilots which all sound like the same crap they keep pushing as "Stuff people want to see"

None of these other shows in production will even come close to getting a 1.3 rating. And they keep saying farscape had low ratings. What happened to the dream team? :-)

capt

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 01:02 PM

paranormal...paranormal...demon-possessed...Clive Barker...supernatural..."Spawn"...

Gee... Is a little science fiction too much to ask? Posted Image
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 01:48 PM

Oooh, new Quantum Leap series Posted Image

Something tells me it won't be with the original actors, as long as it's a SEQUEL rather than another blasphemous "reimagining" I'm all for it

And to be fair, from the beginning Sci-Fi has been shorthand for the "Science Fiction, Horror and Supernatural channel"

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,245 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 31 2003 - 04:25 PM

wasnt there a stagate cartoon coming this season?
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 04:40 PM

It was on last year, don't think it's still on. It's called Stargate Infinity and it really really sucks

http://www.gateworld...ity/index.shtml

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 11:19 PM

Yeah the cartoon sucks. But im looking forward to the new series. Sounds intresting

capt

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 04:22 AM

I've started a thread in movies about what Atlantis may do to SG-1's potential as a film series. I think we can have both a film series and a spinoff, but my concern is that they may convert the first film into a TV movie to expedite Atlantis's start. I think this is a huge mistake.

Check out my argument here:

Stargate SG-1 Movie in jeopardy. Do something...

If we could get a season 6, we can get the SG-1 film to go theatrical in 2004.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate