What's new

Band of Brothers DVDs on EBay from Hong Kong (1 Viewer)

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I was checking EBay today for Band of Brothers on DVD and, as I discovered when I did this search a few weeks ago, there were a lot of listings for a region 0 set from Hong Kong. All the listings were pretty cheap, of course, which sounded tempting as I'd really like to pick up this series.

Now, I realize that a lot of bootlegged stuff comes from HK, and the last thing I want to do is endorse that here, but I'm wondering if pretty much all HK DVDs on EBay are bootlegs, or if some of it is legit. Maybe EBay hasn't taken them down because they are legit product? (Of course, I can't imagine a studio putting out a region 0 DVD set anywhere.)

Can anyone shed any light on these particular HK DVDs?

Thanks.

- Brad

MikeM

Screenwriter
In my experience, pretty much all non-anime Region 0 DVDs from HK, of Western movies, are boots. There are a few expections, but this is generally the rule.

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
In my experience, pretty much all non-anime Region 0 DVDs from HK, of Western movies, are boots
Hell, aren't alot of the anime ones, boots as well? I really try to stay away from any HK region 0 discs(except DVDs of actual HK films), ESPECIALLY on ebay.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Assume ANYTHING from Hong Kong that is not a Hong Kong originating movie that is Region 0 to be a bootleg ESPECIALLY if it's anime or anything out of Hollywood

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks