Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Band of Brothers DVDs on EBay from Hong Kong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Brad Cook

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 07:17 AM

I was checking EBay today for Band of Brothers on DVD and, as I discovered when I did this search a few weeks ago, there were a lot of listings for a region 0 set from Hong Kong. All the listings were pretty cheap, of course, which sounded tempting as I'd really like to pick up this series.

Now, I realize that a lot of bootlegged stuff comes from HK, and the last thing I want to do is endorse that here, but I'm wondering if pretty much all HK DVDs on EBay are bootlegs, or if some of it is legit. Maybe EBay hasn't taken them down because they are legit product? (Of course, I can't imagine a studio putting out a region 0 DVD set anywhere.)

Can anyone shed any light on these particular HK DVDs?

Thanks.

- Brad

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   MikeM

MikeM

Screenwriter

• 1,207 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 08:57 AM

In my experience, pretty much all non-anime Region 0 DVDs from HK, of Western movies, are boots. There are a few expections, but this is generally the rule.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 09:02 AM

ditto
¡Time is not my master!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   ChrisJefferys

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
In my experience, pretty much all non-anime Region 0 DVDs from HK, of Western movies, are boots

Hell, aren't alot of the anime ones, boots as well? I really try to stay away from any HK region 0 discs(except DVDs of actual HK films), ESPECIALLY on ebay.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 11:05 AM

Assume ANYTHING from Hong Kong that is not a Hong Kong originating movie that is Region 0 to be a bootleg ESPECIALLY if it's anime or anything out of Hollywood