Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Software that alternates desktop image?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   JayDerek

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator

• 234 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 06:08 AM

I know the Macintosh has this, but is there anything for the PC that alternates your desktop image once in a while? I'm looking for something I can make a folder and put images in, that the program will draw from to make the desktop images? Does this make sense? Is there anything similar to this for screensavers? oh, I have Windows XP if this makes a difference. Thank You! Jason
~Jason

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Joel Mack

Joel Mack

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 06:12 AM

Do a search on "wallpaper tools" at http://www.download.com and you'll probbly find something that does what you want. Posted Image

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 09:56 AM

webshots will work perfectly. it's a pretty popular app.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 01:10 PM

I use WallSmart (search on the above link to download.com). It's free and it takes up very little resources.

Another good one is StyleXP. http://www.tgtsoft.com/

It's a theme manager than also rotates themes, backgrounds, & logons. I use it to manage themes but WallSmart does a better job with wallpaper. (StyleXP isn't free either)

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 10:15 AM

StyleXP is grrrrrreat! Not only does it manage your desktop but it changes your whole Windows theme to anyone you like at www.themexp.com.

Watch out for Webshots and other free programs. More likely than not they are bundled with spyware.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 12:54 PM

StyleXP is great. However, it doesn't manage rotating desktop images nearly as well as WallSmart (which, BTW, is spyware free). WallSmart simply scans a directory (which you set) and randomly selects a piece of desktop art. If you download a new piece of art simply save a copy in that directory. StyleXP requires you to tell it which individual files you want included in the backgrounds to rotate. That means, every time you download a new piece of art you have to open StyleXP and add the new file to the list of rotating backgrounds. However, for theme management StyleXP is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users