What's new

HELP w/Denon 3803 Newbie screw up!!!! (1 Viewer)

MattyC

Grip
Oh man this is embarrassing, but here goes. Last evening I noticed that I was only getting the back round effects and musical score from my TV while watching a DVD. Weeks ago I added a basic cable for 2 Channel from the DVD to the TV, just so I could watch a DVD late at night w/out using the speakers. In my attempt to discover why this was happening all of a sudden, I did what any somewhat technically challenged person would do........:b I started pressing buttons!!!!

Now, in addition to the dilemma w/the TV, I now am unable to actually see the picture on the screen itself. Also, when I roll through the various component selections,CD,VHS,Tape, etc, the audio from the DVD plays on each!!!! I tried resetting the processor, but nothing changes, and I checked and re checked all of my digital assignments 3 times :angry:

Does anyone have any idea what sort of idiocy I caused by playing around with this system? I'm desperate:)

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Do you have a wire going from the audio out on the TV back to the Denon? Then I could see the TV passing along the analog signal back to the Denon, but that would only be on one input.

That is a very odd problem. How do you have everything hooked up? If you tell me everything you have maybe I can find a loop or flaw in the wiring.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
Shot in the dark but is the " Source Direct " on ?

If so that would explain why you don't have a picture.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Don't know what the problem is, but I'm sure you didn't cause and harm to your receiver or any other equip. Pressing buttons or errors in connections are not fatal. Why not disconnect everything and start all over and this time be sure that everything is kosher. Good luck

EricSm

Stunt Coordinator
It's nothing I haven't done with my Denon 1803. My guess is you probably switched the video input source. There's probably a button your remote that says "video source" or some such thing. Cycle through the various ones until you get the picture to match the audio.

This, of course, assumes you are running the video through the receiver out to the tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks