Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Surge Suppressor Links

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Thira

Thira

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 01:42 PM

I am looking for a surge suppressor as I live in Florida. There is a lot of lightening here.
The non-MOV units best fit what I am looking for.
The Adcom ACE-315 and Brickwell PW8R15AUD seems best for me. There is over a $100 price difference. The main difference as far as I can tell is that the adcom has connections for coaxial and telephone lines.
My Home Theater:
Pioneer CMX503 Plasma TV
Yahama DSP A1
Yahama S700 DVD
Marantz Tuner
Sony Turntable
Sony Satellite Receiver
Adcom 555 Power Amp
Digital Cable Box pending
Does anyone have any experience with these? Any reason to spend the extra for the Adcom ACE-315?
Thanks for the anticipated help.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 03:00 AM

well seeing as how your TV is part of your HT setup, being that the cable, hence the TV, and the rest of your stuff is part of one big connection chain, everything must be protected.
However, if you live in your own home, why not consider a whole house surge protector? In that way, everything in your home would be protected and you could always include some localized protection for things like power glitches and the like.