What's new

SACD hookup? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I don't have a SACD player but something has me lost. When hooking up a SACD player do you have to use the multi outputs to actually get the benefits of the player, or can you use a digital optical or coax cable. I'm just curious because for what I understand if you use the digital connection's it wont play back to its full potential.

And if this is true why. I don't understand why multi channel DVD would but not SACD.
Thanks for any help.

Marc_T

Auditioning
you need to hook up the multi chanel out puts of the sacd or dvd audio to the multi chanal inputs on your amp via rca cords in order to achive the multi chanal sound :D

Michael Were

Stunt Coordinator
Further, you can hook it up to your left right analog inputs for stereo playback (which every sacd is required to have). The problem with digital and analog inputs without analog bypass is that they convert the signal to pcm which defeats the purpose of sacd.

Michael

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys that was all I was wondering. I had always heard that you had to use the analog multi ch outs but I didn't completely understand why. That clears it up for me.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Joe, you have to use analog outputs for all SACD playback unless you have the Pioneer VSX49 reciever and 47Ai universal player that have a digital connection for such. Expect more such connecions in the future. You can play CD's via a digital connection on SACD players. Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks