Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Land of the Lost DVDs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Blu

Blu

Screenwriter

• 1,360 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 08:52 AM

I see where Rhino HV is putting out Land of the Lost DVDs but doesn anyone know if there are plans for a whole set or just individual DVD sets? I'd love to see a box set of this show from my youth!!!!

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 12:05 PM

[quote] I see where Rhino HV is putting out Land of the Lost DVDs [quote]

Where do you see this?

There's a 4-ep disc from 2000. There's a "Krofft Sampler" set with 1 LotL ep from a year or two ago.

Columbia House had planned to put some out on a subscription basis, but cancelled those plans due to lack of interest.

Are there new plans that I've missed out on?

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Blu

Blu

Screenwriter

• 1,360 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 12:30 PM

I just saw Land of the Lost Vol.1 on Amazon's site.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 02:44 PM

They also have Pufnstuf volume 1, which came out ages ago (according to Bits with the wrong episodes on them, and their typically goofy menus). If they would commit to a full series I'd bite, but funds don't allow partial purchases of these kinds of shows.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,101 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 03:56 PM

"Lack of interest"?? Nobody asked ME!
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Glenn_Jn

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 09:03 PM

If there is a land somewhere that has lost DVD's can I help look for them?

[quote] Rhino HV is putting out Land of the Lost DVDs [quote]

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 10:28 PM

[quote] [quote]

I think that description at Amazon may be where you got the "Volume 1" thing from.

HERE are the existing LotL releases I mentioned earlier. I hope Rhino revisits the whole thing. As with Jesse, noone asked me and I love the show...both versions, in fact. My son enjoys it. I have a few old friends that enjoy it. I know a gentleman who was the story editor and a writer for the first show, and a developer on the '91 version...he certainly would like to see his stuff on DVD.

I should point out that the show is ranked in the top 12% among shows voted for as "wanted on DVD" at TVShowsOnDVD, and that 99% of voters want season sets! That puts it higher than many, MANY shows already released or annouced in DVD season sets (though I'll refrain from embarrassing anyone by naming names). I think there's some revenue in this show for Rhino...really. They just have to figure out the best way to market it.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users