Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

program remotes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Peter_Woo

Peter_Woo

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 07:40 AM

I am currently using a Denon universal remote (from my AVR3802) with a macro capability (up to 6 macro). I wanted to program it so the TV, Receiver, DVD player would on turn on with a single button.
Here's where I have some problems, in order to watch DVD I have to switch the TV input from TV ant. to component mode (which is 3 clicks on my TV input button, right now I have 4 inputs, TV, PS2, Denon setup, and DVD) and so I would have to program the macro to click twice on the TV input button. However, what if the starting input is not TV ant. mode? wouldn't the 3 clicks on TV input button causes the input to be on something else? (from PS2 mode, 3 clicks would go back to TV) or the TV/receiver is smart enough to stop at the DVD mode? (from PS2 mode, it's 2 clicks to DVD)
What should I do to solve this problem? should I route everything thru my receiver so there would be only one input to the TV? or there's a way to program it with screwing up the input mode?
BTW, I have Mitsu 65411 with 6 input options..........
Thanks

Peter