What's new

"Ed and His Dead Mother" coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Has anyone here seen this movie? Starring Steve Buscemi, Ned Beatty – it's clearly inspired by some of Peter Jackson's earlier films.

Basically, the story goes like this: Buscemi is a major mamma's boy and when she dies, it's like his life is over. Out of the blue, a salesman dressed entirely in white (played by John Glover) offers to resurrect his mother for $1,000. He jumps at the offer and voila! His mom's back....but, she's not quite the same. She has an unusal appetite and a penchant for murder.

I saw this film a few times on cable years ago and really enjoyed it's black humor. I had thought that this was one of those films that would take forever and a day to get a DVD release but wouldn't ya know it? It's coming to DVD in April from Pathfinder Entertainment (check out their official site if you wish to see it for yourself.) It's not a special edition though but what worries me is that the official site doesn't list the DVD's specs, I checked out the Yahoo product listing for it and it said "full frame"!!!! NOOOOOOOOO! Dear god, I hope not. I want this DVD but not if it doesn't offer widescreen.

If anyone finds out otherwise, post it in this thread, ok?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i've seen this. very funny movie. i'd get it if it was a cheap release.
who was the young lady. she was very sexy.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Pathfinder has released quite a few films in anamorphic widescreen. I'm sure we will find out a bit more about the DVD release near release date.

It's also nice to know that they're releasing Zapped Again on DVD... one of the few sequels better than the original. :)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Here's what's listed on their site;

ED AND HIS DEAD MOTHER
-- Dark Comedy
NR/1993/93 minutes, English
Label: Pathfinder Home Entertainment
Street Date: April 29
Cast: Steve Buscemi, Ned Beatty, Eric Christmas, John Glover
Director: Jonathan Wacks
When Ed's mother dies and "Happy People, Ltd." contact him and claim to resurrect the dearly departed for only $1000, he doesn't have to think long before agreeing. Ed is overjoyed at her return until he starts noticing her doing things that ordinary senior citizens just don't do! Soon Ed's life is turned upside down in this hilarious, dark comedy!
DVD UPC# 825307-90699-8, CAT# PH 90699 - $19.98
VHS UPC# 825307-30693-4, CAT# PH 30693 - $19.98
• Starring Steve Buscemi (Mr. Deeds, Monsters, Inc., Ghost World, Reservoir Dogs), Ned Beatty (Life, Cookie's Fortune, Deliverance), Eric Christmas (Mouse Hunt, Air Bud, Bugsy), John Glover ("Smallville", Batman & Robin)
• From the director of Mystery Date and producer of Repo Man
• Albert Brooks' "Mom" meets Sam Raimi's "Evil Dead II"
• DVD Special Features include: filmographies and trailers

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just got an e-mail from Pathfinder, and here's what I was told;

"yes it will be in widescreen (1.85) and other special features are still gallery, biographies, trailer and audio commentary"

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
who was the young lady. she was very sexy.
Sam Jenkins, otherwise known as Mrs. Kevin "Hercules" Sorbo. And yes she is very sexy.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Brad

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I hope some of you will still pick up this wonderful little gem when it hits stores, even if it's non-anamorphic (apparently, this was solely a financial decision, and I can understand that.)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Michael, don't post anymore! Everytime you post the release date goes back like three weeks. :D

Still a fun title that I'm kind of on the fence about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks