What's new

Picture quality on a Hitachi RPTV: need help w/convergence. (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I got a hitachi 57"uwx widescreen. Why is my picture(slightly) blurry is it because the convergence is not set properly. How easy is it to do the right way. Could it be because its a hdtv but I don't have the HD receiver. How do I do the convergence myself could I really mess it up if I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
A non-converged CRT-based RPTV will always look bad. If the three CRTs are not properly aligned how can they be expected to produce a good picture? At the very least, if your Hitachi has a "flash-focus" convergence control use it. Better still would be a multipoint convergence. It takes a little time and must be done on a periodic basis because the CRTs drift over time. This is basic RPTV maintenance.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Let's open this up for some Hitachi owners to chime in. I would assume the set has a flash-type convergence, but what you need to do is the multipoint convergence. I am retitling your thread so as to alert other Hitachi owners.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Flip up the control panel cover on the front, and press "Magic Focus". Your TV uses the once-touch system called "Magic Focus" to allign the beams.

If you want to do it a full manual convergence o the set, it's a lot more time consuming, and involves going into the Service Menu.

They say you need to leave your set on for about 20 mins before you push the magic focus button just to let the components warm up. Check out your manual for more information on "Magic Focus".

There are many other tweaks you can do to adjust the focus on your set, but please see if this simple click does the trick before going into the guts of full tweaking. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks