-

Photo
- - - - -

who knows about Mordaunt Short?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 11:22 PM

I've seen great reviews ,especcially from some British publications( whose opinion I value 'cause some don't take advertising and they are more harsh in their critiques),but I haven't demoed them in years, Anyone have any opinions/experiances?
that receiver sounds great demo'd through my computer speakers!

I bought the best ones, my buddy would never steer me wrong .He's not trying to make a commission off me and Cambridge Sound's factory direct pricing means that I got a great deal!

It must be a good deal all the people on the net...

#2 of 3 Greg Kolinski

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit

• 331 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 02:47 AM

I have i pair of the 908's and just love them.There seem to be real accurate,bad recordings really show up,and a little bright on some sources.But to me ,at least,they sound as good as they look.
The more I learn about this stuff ,the dumber I get

#3 of 3 ChrisAG

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 12:11 PM

I have the 906 fronts, 504 centre, and 902 rears and they sound great. I compared the 906 towers to the Paradigm Reference 60, and prefered the MS by a small margin (they were also slightly less expensive than the '60s, a nice bonus for a better sounding speaker). They really perform well with lots of power, but don't buy them if you have a Yamaha reciever (too harsh sounding, but more the Yamaha's fault I think). They are a perfect match for my Marantz SR6200 receiver.