What's new

Pioneer 811s power supply (1 Viewer)

MikeJV

Auditioning
Hi,

I am interested in purchasing a Pioneer 811s from the US, however I live in Australia.

In Australia, we use 230 volts and I was wondering if the 811s can be used in this situation. e.g. does it have a switching power supply, or does it have a switch on the back where you can set which voltage you wish to use.

If it cannot be used for anything other than 120 volts, is there another a/v receiver option with similar performance and in the same price bracket that would be useable here in Australia?

Thanks,
Michael

Jonathan M

Second Unit
As a guess, I would say the 811S will likely have a power transformer with dual primaries, as it makes it easier to implement different models for the various standards around the world using the same parts.

I would suggest you pop in to your local Harvey Norman and have a look at an 811S in there. (Or a 711 or 511 etc. etc.)

It won't likely come with a switch on the outside, but will involve two things on the inside: First, hooking up the power transformer the correct way around, and secondly, replacing the power cord.

If you are not prepared to do this yourself, you may have to bite the bullet and pay the Aussie price. (BTW: The x12 range is coming around soon, so you may be able to get a good deal on the 811S in a few months).

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks