Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

kef speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   David Preston

David Preston

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 07:05 PM

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about the kef model speakers. My friend has a set of kef model 107 speakers that he got from his dad and i was just wondering if they are pretty good speakers or if they are not so good. thanks.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Cagri

Cagri

Second Unit

• 415 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 10:59 PM

I don't know that model but Kefs are great speakers. They are british made. Apparently, model 107 was produced in the 80's. Here is what I got from Kef's website, hope it helps : Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 2dB at 2m on reference axis Directional Characteristics Within 2dB of response on reference axis up to 15kHz for +/-10° vertically, up to 10kHz for +/-30° horizontally Maximum Output 112dB spl on programme peaks under typical listening conditions Enclosure Volumes Low frequency enclosure: 72 litres. MF/HF enclosure: 8.5 litres Amplifier Requirements Suitable for use with amplifiers capable of providing between 50 and 300W into 4 ohms resistive load. Nominal Impedance 4 ohms resistive from 20-20,000Hz Characteristic Sensitivity Level 90dB spl at 1m on reference axis for pink noise input of 2.83 V rms, band limited 50-20kHz (anechoic conditions) Weight 45 kg (99 lb) Dimensions 1165 x 330 x 448 mm 45.9" x 13" x 17.6" Height of Origin of Reference Axis 1020mm (40") above base of cabinet (not including feet). Angle of Reference = 1.5° from horizontal
Too much debt...

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark LP

Mark LP

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 02:45 AM

I'm currently using Kef reference speakers. They are just a pleasure to listen to. They can appear overly bright with certain gear, ie sony normal line(not es). I use Integra (neutral sounding). When I bought mine, I compared them to Energy Veritas, Sonus Faber Grand Piano and B&W line (not nautilus). I'm not that familiar with your model, but there is a fun test to try that my dealer showed me. If you stand a nickel on edge while playing this speaker even at reference levels, the nickel will not fall over. That is an indication that the cabinet is not coloring the sound with resonations. Enjoy. Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users