What's new

kef speakers (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if anybody knows anything about the kef model speakers. My friend has a set of kef model 107 speakers that he got from his dad and i was just wondering if they are pretty good speakers or if they are not so good.

thanks.

Cagri

Second Unit
I don't know that model but Kefs are great speakers. They are british made. Apparently, model 107 was produced in the 80's. Here is what I got from Kef's website, hope it helps :

Frequency Response
20Hz - 20kHz +/- 2dB at 2m on reference axis

Directional Characteristics
Within 2dB of response on reference axis up to 15kHz for +/-10° vertically, up to 10kHz for +/-30° horizontally

Maximum Output
112dB spl on programme peaks under typical listening conditions

Enclosure Volumes
Low frequency enclosure: 72 litres. MF/HF enclosure: 8.5 litres

Amplifier Requirements
Suitable for use with amplifiers capable of providing between 50 and 300W into 4 ohms resistive load.

Nominal Impedance
4 ohms resistive from 20-20,000Hz

Characteristic Sensitivity Level
90dB spl at 1m on reference axis for pink noise input of 2.83 V rms, band limited 50-20kHz (anechoic conditions)

Weight
45 kg (99 lb)

Dimensions
1165 x 330 x 448 mm
45.9" x 13" x 17.6"

Height of Origin of Reference Axis
1020mm (40") above base of cabinet (not including feet).

Angle of Reference
= 1.5° from horizontal

Mark LP

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently using Kef reference speakers. They are just a pleasure to listen to. They can appear overly bright with certain gear, ie sony normal line(not es). I use Integra (neutral sounding). When I bought mine, I compared them to Energy Veritas, Sonus Faber Grand Piano and B&W line (not nautilus). I'm not that familiar with your model, but there is a fun test to try that my dealer showed me. If you stand a nickel on edge while playing this speaker even at reference levels, the nickel will not fall over. That is an indication that the cabinet is not coloring the sound with resonations. Enjoy.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks