What's new

Denon 1803 and Speakers in Connection in Series (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I am building a new HT room and currently have the 1803. Is anybody running speakers in series for the center rear with this unit? I would be running Paradigm Mini-Monitors. Thx

doug holly

Auditioning
Why run in series? There are two sets of speaker posts for the (6th) single rear center channel/Zone 2 amp on the 1803. Are you trying to retain Zone 2 capabilities?

I am currently set up as 6.1 and prefer some localization (vs. diffuse) from surrounds. However, I may try using the rear center channel amp to power bipole side surrounds, in effect, turning a 6.1 receiver into a (kinda) 7.1 with discrete rear surrounds. More than one speaker mfg told me that this setup would not cause a noticible impairment of their mirror image bipoles and I end up with discrete (not matrixed) rear channel surrounds??

Not trying to hijack your thread Peter, but I'm curious if this "alternative" arrangement might work as well. Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.