Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Auto Modellista, anyone pick this up?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit

• 278 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 03:17 PM

The reviews are all over the map, from a high of 9.2 to a low of 4 out of 10. Wow. If I didn't know better, I'd say this was a first party microsoft release for the xbox. I'd be interested in gamer impressions as that kind of latitude in review scores makes me wonder who's on the money with this game. I'd also be interested in online impressions as well.
Xbox live gamertag.

stillfastasleep

Current xbox live games.Nhl2k3, Nba2k3, MotoGp2, GR:IT

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Philip_S

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 06:33 PM

I've had the Japanese version since last summer. Basically it's somewhere in between Ridge Racer & Gran Turismo as far as gameplay. Great looking game. Not too many cars or tracks though. They've addressed that somewhat for the US release, but nothing radically different apparently. A good game, but it could be better.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter

• 1,063 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 11:05 PM

Everything is great except for the control. The control sucks. So unless you're -really- into cars, I would say skip it. I own it and will probably keep it but I'm pretty disappointed.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Demetri K

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 11:36 PM

It pretty much sucks, I have had it since the japanese release and there is a reason why it was in the bargin bin a c couple weeks after its release. Cant even drift around corners and such. A much better game is Kaido battle in my opinion. I have it now. Wait for that to hit the states!!!! trust me!!!!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Brandon_H

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 234 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 04:10 AM

Yep, beautiful game and it's great to race broadband but the control is absolutely lousy. Even worse with the Logitech wheel. I'd rent it first.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit

• 278 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 04:50 AM

That's what the GMR review mentioned, lousy control, they gave it only a 5/10. Thanks, guys. It sure does look pretty, though.
Xbox live gamertag.

stillfastasleep

Current xbox live games.Nhl2k3, Nba2k3, MotoGp2, GR:IT

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 05:43 AM

[quote] Even worse with the Logitech wheel. [quote]

That sucks. I love using my wheel for racing games. If Midnight Club 2 doesn't support it well, I'll just go ahead and find Burnout 2 real cheap. That game is amazing with the wheel.

Sean

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 02:48 PM

I played it a bit in the store the other night. The control is crap. Which is too bad because the rest of the game shows promise. When you turn it feels like the car turns on a center pivot no feeling of body roll or springs or anything.
Playing NFL2k3, Capcom VS SNK 2, Unreal Championship, Mechassault and motogp online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users