What's new

Zelda lockups (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
I'm a little incensed. I just beat the Forbidden Forest dungeon, and as soon as I defeated the boss plant thing, the game locked up. Is anyone else having problems like this? Thanks.

Rob

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I've played it since wednesday with 3 days of long gaming sessions and haven't had it lock up once. Is your cube sitting on carpet or someplace that it might just be overheating?

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Nope. Mine is on a shelf on my TV stand. I don't know what the deal is, but I was pissed. I haven't been able to convince myself to go back and beat that dungeon again. Thanks for the responses.

Rob

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Hmm, yeah, that sounds odd. If it only happens with Zelda it could be a rogue disc or something, though that's the only thing I can think of. My GC is sitting on my DVD player and I've had some four hour plus long sessions and it hasn't frozen once.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Mine froze in the bird village as I was exiting a room. GC is on a wire shelf and has plenty of ventilation. Luckily I had saved about 30 seconds before(after not saving for 2 hours), so I didn't lose anything.

I've noticed that my Xbox makes a certain noise right before a DDE(the disc suddenly stops, then the drive spins up really fast), and when I heard the cube make a similar noise, my heart almost stopped and I saved immediately.

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
I was having a problem with the Cube locking up on Metroid Prime, about 5 seconds before it locks up I heard a clicking sound, then it locks. So, to stop the game from locking, as soon as I heard that sound, I'd open the disc cover. The GameCube will tell you to close the lid and the game will pick right back up where it was. Just my 2 cents.

Corey

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I've had that same clicking sound on Jedi Outcast just before it locked up as well. I did know that opening the lid might fix it.

jeremy

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I have 2 cubes (1 is launch) and this hasn't happened to me yet (knock on wood).

-ELmO:thumbsdown:

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I had Prime lock up on me a few times when Samus was in the morph ball, but this hasn't happened since December. No problems yet with Zelda, but opening the lid is a good trick to know.

Users who are viewing this thread