Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Zelda lockups

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 12:33 PM

I'm a little incensed. I just beat the Forbidden Forest dungeon, and as soon as I defeated the boss plant thing, the game locked up. Is anyone else having problems like this? Thanks. Rob

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 03:24 PM

I've played it since wednesday with 3 days of long gaming sessions and haven't had it lock up once. Is your cube sitting on carpet or someplace that it might just be overheating?
Michael Alletto

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Nathan A

Nathan A

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 01:29 AM

mine has locked up when left on the carpet, so beware. but not with zelda.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 05:46 AM

Nope. Mine is on a shelf on my TV stand. I don't know what the deal is, but I was pissed. I haven't been able to convince myself to go back and beat that dungeon again. Thanks for the responses. Rob

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Evans

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 05:57 AM

Hmm, yeah, that sounds odd. If it only happens with Zelda it could be a rogue disc or something, though that's the only thing I can think of. My GC is sitting on my DVD player and I've had some four hour plus long sessions and it hasn't frozen once.
Mark Evans

"I'm sure that's it. Maybe I should write a horror novel on passive resistance instead."
- Gabriel Knight

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   JamesH

JamesH

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 06:06 AM

Mine froze in the bird village as I was exiting a room. GC is on a wire shelf and has plenty of ventilation. Luckily I had saved about 30 seconds before(after not saving for 2 hours), so I didn't lose anything. I've noticed that my Xbox makes a certain noise right before a DDE(the disc suddenly stops, then the drive spins up really fast), and when I heard the cube make a similar noise, my heart almost stopped and I saved immediately.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Corey Hancock

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 07:21 AM

I was having a problem with the Cube locking up on Metroid Prime, about 5 seconds before it locks up I heard a clicking sound, then it locks. So, to stop the game from locking, as soon as I heard that sound, I'd open the disc cover. The GameCube will tell you to close the lid and the game will pick right back up where it was. Just my 2 cents. Corey

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 04:02 PM

I've had that same clicking sound on Jedi Outcast just before it locked up as well. I did know that opening the lid might fix it. jeremy

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   elMalloc

elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 11:10 PM

I have 2 cubes (1 is launch) and this hasn't happened to me yet (knock on wood).

-ELmOPosted Image

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 05:49 AM

I had Prime lock up on me a few times when Samus was in the morph ball, but this hasn't happened since December. No problems yet with Zelda, but opening the lid is a good trick to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users