Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anyone know what's going with Larry Sanders S2?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 08:08 AM

Its been way over a year since the last season was released on DVD, and I haven't heard anything about a second season. I'm assuming it didn't sell well, which is probably a key factor into why Columbia doesn't want to continue it. However, has anybody heard anything about this release?
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 08:21 AM

It's done very poorly in broadcast syndication, at least here in Philly. Probably a good indication

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,445 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted March 29 2003 - 09:04 AM

If it does poorly in that medium, it is probably because they have to censor it for broadcast.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Seth_S

Seth_S

Second Unit

• 335 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 12:17 PM

Sony screwed up by pricing the set at $40 MSRP. They also should have waited to see how the later, funnier seasons sold before pulling the plug. I think they would have had better luck releasing 2 seasons at a time together, and setting the price no more than $50 MRSP.
I can't imagine the show in syndication considering how many punch lines were delivered with a four letter word.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 04:28 PM

Not to mention the entire episode about Hank's fan-club newsletter's "typo." Agreed they priced this thing way too high.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 10:39 PM

Geeze, I've practically given up on this one. Really. I think they DID price the first one too high ($53.99 SRP originally! Posted Image ), and by the time the price was lowered (to a still-too-high $39.95) no retailer was "wasting" shelf space on it. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm working on zero info from Columbia, but I personally think S2 plans are doomed.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Seth_S

Seth_S

Second Unit

• 335 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 02:59 AM

I'm regretting not taping the series off HBO Comedy when they ran it in order last summer.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 04:27 AM

It used to get a fair amount of syndication here in Canada. Especially our comedy central rip-off. However, now nothing... (I promised myself I wouldn't cry) I'm gonna see how available the show is on Kazaa, maybe we all might have some luck there. I just hope that if Columbia ever does release NewsRadio on DVD, they wont over charge for it, then cop out after season 1, that would seriously tick me off.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted April 27 2003 - 06:43 PM

Glad I'm not alone wondering about the subsequent seasons of this on DVD. I was afraid that with so many TV season boxsets being released, one of them will be unfinished, but never thought something as great as Larry Sanders would be that one!

I might as well start recording it off Bravo and in 2 months have full seasons 3, 4, 5, and 6.

[quote] I'm regretting not taping the series off HBO Comedy when they ran it in order last summer. [quote]

Oh my god! They GOT TO show it again instead of 298th cycle of Curb Your Enthusiasm reruns! Mmm, I can imagine, uncensored, and without ads, digital signal, I could definetly live without DVD sets then.
Top: 1-10 | 11-20 | Complete Archives | Discs: 1397
New R1: Cube SE | Cube² | Noir Vol.1 | .hack//Sign Vol.1 | RahXephon Vol.1 | Assassins | Judge Dredd | One Hour Photo | Unfaithful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users