Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best Price Comparison sites for Speakers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   BrianGC

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 07:58 AM

Hi,
What are the best price comparison/search sites for speakers and audio in general?

Thanks,
BrianGC

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 08:38 AM

What brands are you looking at.
Most of the general price comparison sites don't do a good job with quality speaker brands. If you want the stuff you find at Best Buy & Circuit City those sites might be OK.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   BrianGC

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 09:03 AM

I'm on a tight budget. I'm looking for 2 smaller speakers and a sub. Was thinking about something like JBL N24's or N26's and a Sony SA-WM40 Sub.

Any suggestions for something else in the same price range would be appreciated. I posted a question about 2 sats and a sub several days ago but only got 1 reply.

It's for a bedroom, won't be played really loud. My receiver doesn't do 5.1 and I don't have the room for the speakers if it did.

BrianGC

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 11:15 AM

Ok...those are fairly common speakers. You ought to be able to find those on the general shopping sites:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

BizRate

E-Opinions

My Simon

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   David King

David King

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 11:32 AM

Sears.com has the Sony for $150. You can bet on tax and shipping. But it still may be cheaper (or close) than other non-dealer websites after all fees are included.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   BrianGC

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 03:37 PM

Yes, I'm aware of the current Sears price for the Sony Sub. As far as I know, if you choose to pick up the item at the store, you don't pay shipping.

BrianGC