-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Refinancing - Wondering

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Samuel Des

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 07:43 AM

I'm about to refinance, already locked-in. The appraisal and title work are done. But I haven't made my Roth contribution yet. I want to contribute the max $3,000. Anyone have any idea how this might impact my loan? I've got about 60 percent equity, no other debt, and -- if I make my full contribution -- a very healthy cash account. Retirement fund are down, though....
I am made out of water. You wouldn't know it, because I have it bound in. My friends are made out of water, too. All of them. The problem for us is that not only do we have to walk around without being absorbed by the ground but we also have to earn our livings.

#2 of 3 SteveA

SteveA

Supporting Actor

• 701 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 07:56 AM

If you've already been approved for the loan, I don't see how contributing to a Roth IRA would have any impact whatsoever.

#3 of 3 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,398 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 30 2003 - 05:36 AM

Contributing to your Roth IRA should have no effect on your refinancing loan, regardless of whether you are already approved. Even though the funds may be in an IRA, they can still be considered assets towards approval if necessary.