What's new

Excessive Bass Levels on Sting's 'All This Time' DVD (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Does anyone else find the bass excessive on this DVD? I had to lower the gain on my sub and re-calibrate so I would have enough range to lower the sub 15! db's on my receiver.
This is the only way I can listen at any sort of loud volume(15 db below reference and louder).

It is ESPECIALLY apparent on 'Fields Of Gold'.

This keeps it from being, to me, the ultimate reference disc. It's a shame because it is easily the best looking show out there.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Shameless Bump...

OK- Could someone that owns this disc and a decent sub please play 'Fields of Gold' at a fairly loud volume level and let me know what you think? Thanks...

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
The bass on this disc seems to be excessive to me, as well. I turn my sub down a bit when I pop this one in.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
It's not your setup. The disc is pretty bass-heavy. Everything else is near-perfect, though. It's even anamorphic widescreen. Great disc!

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I didn't find it excessive at all. But then, I've got my sub EQ'd flat +/-3dB corrected and calibrated even with the other speakers with a correction of -3dB to compensate for the rolloff of the SPL meter's C-weighting. There is some outstanding bass on this disc, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it excessive, at least in terms of the overall mix (which is damn nice).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks