What's new

To those who have dedicated lines AC lines (1 Viewer)

H

Hank

I'm getting 2 dedicated 15amp AC lines installed next week. After everything is setup again and plugged in what should I listen for? Did any of the other members hear a difference after having dedicated lines? My gear is listed below.

My power conditioning products include PS Audio P300 Power Plant, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet (high current version), PS Audio Power Port (wall duplex).

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Hank, since you are taking the plunge for new lines anyway, I might suggest asking your Electrician how much of a difference he will charge you for 2 x 20Amp lines instead.

That way you will be set in future should you decide to go with separates / higher powered amps or more equipment :).

Can't answer your initial question for you, but thought I would offer up the above suggestion.

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
With all the PS Audio stuff you already have installed, I would not think you'll see or hear a lot of difference. But, every little bit helps!

Neal_C

Second Unit
I had two 20 amp outlets installed and I feel like it really allowed my Rotel amp to open up and make my Def. Techs sing like I thought they should. I considered spending money on Richard Grey or PS Audio equipment, but I was steered by fine folks on here as well as AVS to first try a dedicated outlet. I am very glad I did.
It only costs me $211 to have both circuits and a whole house surge protector installed (that is total cost including labor and materials).
I now feel more comfortable having my amp plugged directly into the wall.

It is a very worth-while investment.

Neal

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Neal, did you ever pick up on an ancillary device for the other equipment? BTW, you can always get those cool looking hospital or heavy duty outlets and put them in yourself. As a personal bias, i prefer attaching the wires to the outlets via screws rather stabbing them.

Neal_C

Second Unit
Chu,
I already had a Monster 3600 that everything else is plugged into. I couldn't find anyone locally with hospital grade outlets in a white color, so I just had them use commercial grade 20 amp outlets.

Neal

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
i'd forgotten that...
to the poster, i'd consider having a whole house unit put in and that way you'd have legitimate surge protection for everything in your home.

Brian tj

Stunt Coordinator
Hi to all
I must agree with Paul GO 20 amps $ diff is small. I just did my room with one 20 amp line and along the way I switched BK 507 receiver to BK ref 50 + ref 200.7 amp. The amp alone pulls 18.5 amps. I just ran a new 20 amp line for every thing ells.:emoji_thumbsup:

Good luck Brian

PS I used surgeX for protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks