What's new

Jackass The Movie - Widescreen? (1 Viewer)

Shane Bos

Second Unit
I bought this movie in widescreen(of course). However it is not. The case says widescreen, the disc says widescreen but the movie is 4:3. Of course I'm going to take it back to get the proper disc. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Is the disc marked widescreen? Is your DVD player set up correctly? (set to 4:3 letterbox)?

Shane Bos

Second Unit
yes the disc is marked widescreen. The player is set up correctly all my other movies play in widescreen.

Christopher D

Second Unit
This isn't intended as a stupid question -- how far in have you watched? There is an ad for the Jackass TV DVD at the front end that is in 4:3; but the menu and the movie itself should be 1.85:1 anamorphic.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
If the actual movie isn't in widescreen, then it must have been a problem over at Paramount. Maybe they put the wrong label on the disc, and put it in the wrong case. Stuff like that can happen.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I was extremely disappointed to see that this was taken directly from video masters, not a film print, so the whole movie plays at 30 frames per second instead of the 24 that it played at in theatres. They should have at least made the widescreen disc from a film print!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I was extremely disappointed to see that this was taken directly from video masters, not a film print, so the whole movie plays at 30 frames per second instead of the 24 that it played at in theatres. They should have at least made the widescreen disc from a film print!
Why should they go from an inferior master? Why would you want to look at 720x480 DV blown up to 2K and converted to 24fps when you can look at it native?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Because that's what it looked like in theatres.
(I'd love to see the "native" video-sourced footage from movies like Groove Tube, Tunnelvision and Kentucky Fried Movie, but I wouldn't want to see the actual movies that way!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks