What's new

question about Blown Away DTS LD (1 Viewer)

Devin U

Second Unit
Got a question about the above title. I traded for a copy of this (was told it was a DTS disc). Well, I guess it is and it isnt. All the DTS LD's I have have the DTS logo across the top of the sleeve. Well, this one's got a small dts stereo surround logo on the bottom, but it's not the same logo as the standard DTS logo. As well, when I play it it looks like it's PCM. Ill try to get a pic up. Any help would be apreciated.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A common frustration. There is a Matrix Surround system comparable to Dolby Surround called DTS Stereo (also a variation called UltraStereo}. This isn't the same as DTS Digital 5.1. There are a few discs I see frequently advertised as DTS and it can be both frustrating and unfortunately it is sometimes an intentional misrepresentation. If you were exptecting the Digital version, I certainly would contact your trade partner and see if they are aware of differences.

Some discs like Tank Girl and I think Freddie's New Nightmare never were released in DTS Digital so those are easy to avoid, but Blown Away and a couple other LD's were released in both DTS Stereo and DTS Digital discs.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to second everthing that David just said. I think "My Family" was another dts stereo release. There were 112 dts (not counting the dts experience promo) released in the US all but one have the large dts banner across the front cover. Titanic is only one to not have the large dts logo across the top of the front cover it is listed on the reverse side.

In my quest to aquire all 112 releases I`m closing in on it with 88. Just 24 expensive ones to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks