What's new

Enormous interest in $3,000 processors. (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
For some reason I thought that the majority of contributors to this forum were receiver kinds of guys. I have been totally shocked to see the Anthem AV-20 thread with over 1500 posts! I had no idea that there were so many on this forum willing and able to spend $2,500-$3,500 for a processor.

Last time I saw this much interest it was for the Outlaw 1050 receiver ($500)?

I guess I am one of those trailing edge guys. I'd be happy with a new Lexicon MC-1 for $1800.

Artie

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
If you can afford it and you enjoy spending your money on HT then why not? No different than any expensive hobby such as cuisine, wine, cars, golf...

Prathavan V

Stunt Coordinator
1500 posts populated by what, 30 individuals?
Actually just 27 :D Just kidding, but you're right Camp, there are just a few fairly regular posters on that thread, and there's been a lot of 'casual' posts made that have resulted in the multitude of posts. It probably coud have been broken into several different threads based on all the directions it's taken, enough so that it's almost its own "anthem forum" rather than an "anthem thread":D Still, I'm looking forward to a new thread for V2.1......

Sri

Agent
I'd be happy with a new Lexicon MC-1 for $1800

where in PA can you find a new lexicon MC-1 for $1800. Thanks

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Sometimes when my wife remarks on the expense of my audiohome theater enthusiasm (and mine is relatively inexpensive compared to many), I offer to take her to the local "outdoor world" showroom to look at the $25,000 boat and trailer setups the locals buy to just go out on the lake (not to mention the $250 fishing poles and $500 shotguns, along with all the gear)...

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Camp,

1500 posts populated by what, 30 individuals?
I find 74 unique names in the thread. I would agree that 30 seems to be close to the number of regular and occasional posters. At least 30 others had general interest in the AVM-20. The other 10-15 were from posters not interested in purchasing the AVM-20.

Michael

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Ricky,

If you mean manually, no. I used a C program that I modified (took about 5-10 minutes to set up) to perform a search through the html for that thread. Here's what the program produced:

AlanWms
Andrew Pratt
andy giddings
Annette F
Bill Lucas
Bill Wilkins
Bob Wilson
Bob-N
Brian Fitterman
Brian Florian
Brian Gentry
Brian Sizelove.
Bruce N
Camp
Chas_T
ChrisHeflen
Craig Morris
Dan Hitchman
Daniel Levin
Dave Moritz
Dean_Sol
Dennis Oblow
Doug_B
EdB
Eric_Strickl
Erik_C
Evan S
Gary_Z
George Kouzev
James Elvick
jason willder
Jason_S
Jay Mitchosky
Jay Sylvester
Jeff Keene
Jeff Kleinberg
Jeramy_K
Jerry Klawiter
Joe Ar
Joe e h
John.Meer
JonA
keelan t
Kevin C Brown
Lee Wilson
Lee-M
Marc_E
Mark Dubeau
Matthew Woodley
Michael Langdon
Michael Mohrmann
Miguel Stanic
Mike Koch
Mike Loiterman
MikeAF
Paul Gere
Phil M
Philip-j
Prathavan V
Randy Haines
RobertR
Ron Alcasid
Ron Duca
SavoyR
Scott Pierson
Shawn Fogg
Siravut
Steve*MH
Todd Schnell
Tom Camlioglu
Tony Genovese
wayne p
Wayne_T
Wolfgang.K

Some names you might recognize as owners of other processors, but they ended up posting on that thread.

Michael

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
And the winner of the Guys Who Have Too Much Time on Their Hands Award goes to... Michael! ;)

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator

Really, I'm appalled!! You (Darryl) should be so lucky to have a guy like Michael on your side ...

If it wasn't for his dedication and devotion to helping fellow Anthem owners out there ... IMO none of us would be enjoying our processors to the extent that we are!

BTW - how is your brother Larry, and your other brother Darryl doing? :wink:

Tom:cool:

Prathavan V

Stunt Coordinator
DarrylM's name does not appear of Michaels list, but the rest of as ARE very lucky to have someone of Michael's dedication, devotion and wealth of knowledge on our side.

Michael, I applaud your efforts and, based on the comments in that monster thread, I'm pretty sure that I can speak for the other Anthem owners on that thread and say that they feel the same.

Tom, your comment to DarrylM
BTW - how is your brother Larry, and your other brother Darryl doing?
I'll be laughing until I stop!!:D :D :D

aldamon

Second Unit
If you mean manually, no. I used a C program that I modified (took about 5-10 minutes to set up) to perform a search through the html for that thread. Here's what the program produced:
LOL. You could have just clicked on the number of replies to see who posted in the thread.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
LOL. You could have just clicked on the number of replies to see who posted in the thread.
I was unaware of this feature. Thanks! :)

Anyway, I have been working on parsing tools recently and thought this would be a quick test of my logic. I think I have provided more humor than useful information! LOL! ;)

Thanks again,

Michael

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
I viewed my HT processor purchase similar to that of a new computer purchase; the newer, more feature-rich unit you obtain, the more ahead-of-the-curve you'll stay, given the constant upgrades in formats, features, etc. That (plus the sheer quality) was what prompted me to buy the
AVM-20 (blessed credit cards).

I am also a little uneasy about used computer components, whether for my pc or a home theater processor.

On the other hand, analogue stereo equipment (especially the higher-dollar higher-end stuff) offers a pretty good bargain, and I am a firm adherent to the break-in philosophy where such equipment is concerned.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Darryl, figured as much.;)

If you frequent the AVM20 thread, you'd probably picked up that Michael has contributed a lot to that thread. His list of names I took as a joke. I cracked up.

Anyhow, I'm not a current owner either, but am looking to jump up the ladder sometime this year to the AVM20 or the Rotel 1098 (after early adopter's feedback). So I constantly check in on the AVM20 "boys" to see what issues they bring up.

Bob

Mike Loiterman

Stunt Coordinator
Michael has helped me *many* times. He also helped others with extremely detailed trouble shooting suggestions and procedures.

Nobody paid him to do this work and I'm sure he could have spent the time working, with his family or actually using his AVM-20 to watch movies or listen to music.

He is a major contributor to the forum and I, as well as many others sincerely appreciate his efforts.

I don't want to start a flame war, but I think some of the comments made were unnecessary and a bit demeaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks