What's new

Is the GBA SP headphone adapter out yet? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is the GBA SP headphone adapter out yet? I haven't seen it anywhere yet, so I'm wondering if I've been looking for something that doesn't exist yet.
Thanks,

-Dave

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Why pay $7.99 from Liksang when you can get it direct from Nintendo for $4.25?

[removed link because it didn't work for some reason]

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen it in a store? Nintendo charges $5.00 for 8-12 day shipping!

-Dave

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I found a non-Nintendo brand adapter at EB today. It was $7.99, and included both the adapter cable and a set of regular headphones. Although I haven't tried it out yet, it should work fine. It was the last one that they had.

Tim Hess

Second Unit
That $5.00 shipping is why I didn't pick up the Nintendo Branded one.

I picked up the $7.99 (w/headphones) one at EB, Eclipse or some thing like that.

Threw out the headphones (will be using my Etymotic EP-4Ps or the Sennheiser 590s) and kept the jack. It's amazing how much bass you can get out of a GBA with the right headphones.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I bet the Nintendo one is going to be only available directly through Nintendo, just like the GCN component cables. It's like they have a compulsive need to aggravate the consumer.

-Dave

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a GBA-SP starter pack made by Pelican at GameStop yesterday. It cost $19.99. It contains:
-A decent GBA-SP carrying case (about medium thickness and padding. I believe my SP would survive a 4 foot drop while in it).
-A Headphone adapter
-Earbud headphones
-A gamelink cable
-A magnifying screen (this is kinda cool. It stays clipped on and folds behind the screen when not in use. It actually looks pretty good and does magnify the screen somewhat with no distortion
-4 game cases for GBA games

I thought the deal was pretty good for $20 bucks. On the box, it makes it look like the headphone adapter is hard-wired to the earbuds, but I was very pleased to discover that you can use your own earphones.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I've only seen an adapter (with earbud headphones) from HipGear in the store I work at, and we've only have a few of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks