Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Changing default action in XP Home?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 07:40 AM

hi all - i accidently told my system (xp home) to automatically load winamp whenever an audio cd is played. i couldn't figure out how to change that setting, so i thought i'd try uninstalling winamp to see what would happen. now it automatically starts media player. aargghh... anyway, what i want my system to do is take no action by default. anybody know how to change this or where i can go to for tech support? thx, ted

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 08:17 AM

Double click my computer. Right click your cd drive letter. Go to properties. Click autoplay tab. Use pulldown to select content type, then select take no action. Voila.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Travis Olson

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 09:22 AM

Yeah Rick explained how to do it, but good luck getting it to work. Every time I've put a blank CD-R in that damn window pops up, I click "Take No Action" and want it to do it all the time. But guess what happens when I put another blank CD-R in? Yep, that beautiful window opens again. Posted Image Hopefully it works for you though.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 11:13 AM

RICK...YOU ARE AN UBER-STUD! thanks bud! Posted Image

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 12:27 PM

You are welcome, Ted. Posted Image

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Greg*go

Greg*go

Supporting Actor

• 941 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 05:32 AM

I have the same problem as Travis. Does anyone know what the hell is up with that? Whenever I put a non-audio cd/dvd in, my CPU opens up a folder for it.
I certainly don't expect anyone to remember me 65 years after I die, but you wouldn't know that from the way I act.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users