Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Sims question (gamecube)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Rob TT

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 05:37 AM

I bought one of those 251 block memory cards because you need 60 blocks to save, and my old ones were only 59 blocks. Which is a bullcrap way of making you buy another memory card. Anyway, I can only save one game from the Sims on it. Does anyone now why this is?

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   DaveGTP

DaveGTP

Screenwriter

• 2,096 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 12:51 PM

I know that Sims for PS2 eats up minimum of 2,500 KB of an 8MB PS2 memory card. That is ALOT for a PS2 game. I had to buy another one for my fiancee since we didn't have room.
Matheson- "There are probably some who'll say that by doing this, we are interfering with their culture."

Gideon - "Probably. Screw them."
-Crusade, Visitors from Down the Street

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Screenwriter

• 1,964 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 01:21 PM

I think you just answered your own question. If somebody wasn't making money off of memory cards this wouldn't be an issue.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 05:48 AM

On a slightly related note, I picked up The Sims (GC) yesterday, got through a number of tasks in the Get a Life mode, saved, and when I started up today I could only control one of my roommates. End result? My Sim just ate and slept all day, lost his job and the game was over. What happened? Why wasn't I in charge of my Sim anymore? The instruction booklet says if I have a roommate I will be given a choice as to who I want to control, but this never appeared for me. Has anyone else figured this out? Pieter

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 10:30 AM

On the Xbox version, X or Y toggles between characters, so I assume these same buttons would work on the GC version.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 06:51 PM

Turns out it is the Z button. I know I'd tried that earlier, but the darn Z button is so finiky on the GameCube controller. Thanks for making me go back and try them all again. Pieter

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 02:32 AM

Pieter, I've been having a problem on the Xbox version in the build mode. When wallpapering the interior of an outside wall, the paper gets put on the outside of the house. I've tried it in existing and newly built rooms and keep having the same problem. Have you had any problems on the GC version?

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 04:23 AM

Actually, I haven't tried building anything yet. I did put a wall light on the opposite side of a wall than intended and that was because I hadn't rotated it properly. Could that be your problem as well?

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 05:32 AM

I went back and played around with all the buttons until I figured out the problem. It's not listed in the manual, but the right trigger switches wall sides, so I just have to press this trigger until it appears on the proper side. I was this close to returning that game thinking it had a bug in it. Thanks for pushing me in the right direction, Pieter. Posted Image

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 05:37 AM

Apparently the lesson we have both learned today is: If all else fails, push more buttons!

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit

• 278 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 08:04 AM

Yeah, push all the buttons. In get a life mode, I didn't realize I could control the mom character, so I just let her wet herself, sleep on the floor, and eventually the old bat starved to death. Pretty funny when the grim reaper showed up to collect mom.
Xbox live gamertag.

stillfastasleep

Current xbox live games.Nhl2k3, Nba2k3, MotoGp2, GR:IT

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   elMalloc

elMalloc

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted March 30 2003 - 11:18 PM

compare the sims on console with sims on pc
thxPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users