-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Annaud fans! Black and White in Color coming!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 02:56 AM

I understand this will be released as a double-feature by HVE on June 24, but I can't link to Facets.org for some reason, where it's listed for preorder already:

Quote:
Two award-winning films from French filmmakers. The satire Black and White in Color (Jean-Jacques Annaud, 1976, 90 mins.), follows a group of French colonists in Africa who learn of their country's involvement in WWI a few months late and enlist the native population to attack a nearby German outpost. Winner of the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar in 1976. The Sky Above, The Mud Below (Pierre-Dominique Gaisseau, 1961, 92 mins.), traces a 1959 expedition into the uncharted jungles of Dutch New Guinea by an international team of explorers. Witness the clock of history being turned back 7,000 years in this incredible glimpse into primitive societies. Winner of the Best Documentary Oscar in 1961.

Now for Name of the Rose and Hothead!

#2 of 3 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 07:22 AM

Jeez, I can't believe there are no Annaud fans here... Posted Image

#3 of 3 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,062 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 07:28 AM

There are. This is great news. I loved BWIC. Never thought I'd see a DVD release.