What's new

Monster Cable Component Video Cable Question (1 Viewer)

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a set of monster component video cables, they are all joined together except near the ends where they are seperated into the individual cables for hookup.

I'm wondering can I seperate the cables down the entire length so I have 3 seperate cables? The way it is I think it puts an undue strain on the video jacks on the tv and dvd player.

Thanks,
BrianGC

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You CAN strip the outer sheath with a knife if you are carefull.

But you run a large risk of damaging the cables.

You are worried about strain? You then should do something to support the cables. Your local hardware store/radio shack has lots of cable wraps & guides that you can use to 'bundle' the cables. Many of these have screw holes or adheasive pads so you can attach them to the back of the TV or your rack.

As far as strain goes, it's usually not a problem unless you are trying to force the wires into tight bends right where they attach to the devices. This is a very bad thing to do for both signaling and mechanical reasons. Let the interconnects flow naturally, sometimes bundled loosly with velcro cable-wraps.

Hope this helps.

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
The cable is a MV1CV-2M, it's like 3 seperate cables that are joined together, like speaker wire is 2 seperate cables. The way the jacks are oriented (TV=Vertically, DVD=L-shaped), just looks like more strain put on the jacks than if it was seperate cables. I put in a request at monster cable, I'll see what they say about it.

Thanks

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator
Monster says they are simply 'webbed' together and can easily be pulled apart.

BrianGC

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
that's cuz you didn't ask them a tough question like what the gauge of the cable is or how it's constructed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks