What's new

I'm a 3 System Owner Now! (1 Viewer)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Well, I finally bit the bullet and purchased my PS2 tonight. I had bought a lot of the Final Fantasy PSOne games a few weeks back, and tonight I actually bought the system.

My wallet is going to be hurting soon, I can tell. :)

My first stop was The Wiz, which I believe is primarily a NYC area chain of stores, that is closing. They've pretty much got everything for 15-40% off right now. I purchased my 24" Sony Wega from them last week - 370$ as opposed to 450$ everywhere else.

Tonight I wandered into their video game section and bought (at 30% off):

Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete (42$)
Frequency (21$)
Quantum Redshift (14$)

They had no consoles of any sort left, but they had a decent selction of PSOne games - all I wanted was Lunar 2 though. I'm sure there was more there I could have bought, but I needed money for the rest of my purchases tonight.

I was also looking for a nice set of Monster component video cable (for my Sony Dream system) but they were all out. I'll have to purchase it elsewhere, but without the 40% discount they were having at The Wiz. I have a set of the Monster Game PS2 S-Video & Optical Cable sets coming tomorrow as well.

I ended up going to Gamestop to purchase:

Sony PS2 Console
Final Fantasy X
Sony 8MB Memory Card
Sony PSOne Memory card

I just hooked it all up, and now my room finally feels like MY room.

I'm going to play some Frequency tonight, and maybe run through some of the PSOne games I've bought recently before I hit Final Fantasy X. I'll probably pick up Amplitude next week, and maybe another RPG or three to keep myself busy.

I can't believe I've gone so long without buying a PS2. I've probably missed some great games for it over the past 2 years or so.

*EDIT* Quick Question: Is there a Sony Website I can go to register my PS2? It's 100% new, but I couldn't find a registration card or anything in it...

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Here's a tip about Final Fantasy X:

Give yourself LOTS of time. It's a lovely game. If I had more time I'd go through it again.

Mike

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
What's funny is I picked up my copy of Zelda today but first watched the Hero DVD on the Xbox, then played Tekken 4 on PS2. Having 3 consoles might have you doing weird things. :)

Enjoy!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Here's the current menu I'm munching on:

GCN: Zelda (vast majority of time over coming weeks)
PS2: Dark Cloud 2 (haven't touched the PS2 since October, nice to have a quality game again)
XBox: Ghost Recon on Live (I just can't get enough)

I still haven't finished Splinter Cell, but I hope to have all games finished (and at least be sick of Ghost Recon) by the time Knights of the Old Republic comes out. 3 consoles are nice to have, but it's a lot of work. My life is sooooo hard.:D

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Being unable to finish all these games is the biggest problem with owning all the systems.

I'm actually looking forward to one of these companies throwing in the towel! :)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
My Gamecube arrived the other day, bringing me to 4 systems..

Dreamcast
PS2
XBox
GCN

I really like each system.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Chris, I have one acronym for you, GTA!!! Go get either 3 or Vice City. Both are superb. Also go and check out Ratchet and Clank.

As far as registering goes, I believe that when you register for Playstation Underground (now free) your system may be registered. Even if it isn't, you should sign up. They occasionally mail you free stuff, like demo discs and coupons. I have received 3 demo discs since I signed up less than a year ago. You can sign up at https://secureus.playstation.com/reg...on/default.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks