What's new

andromeda strain (1 Viewer)

Jeremy_Z

Agent
Wondering if anyone has seen any reviews of the new Andromeda Strain release yet. I'm looking forward to this release...especially since the old disc is terrible!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
The old one was 4:3 letterbox, right?
What amazes me is that Universal is releasing a revamped version of this, and FARENHIET 451 in RM 16x9, yet, they are rereleasing BRAZIL at a higher price, and its the same old 4:3 Ltbx transfer.
I wrote them about this and they had "no clue" as to why...

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The new Andromeda Strain DVD is superb. The transfer is very clean and the colours are vibrant and natural. The 2-track mono sound is pretty good also. The new retrospective documentary on the film was interesting and most welcome. The featurette on Crichton is short but excellent. The original trailer rounds out the this excellent-value package from Univeral - more like this please! :D

Gordy

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm really looking forward to this release and am happy to hear that Universal has done such a good job on the disc. The original DVD is really quite bad and I can't wait to get rid of it! :D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Gordon: Previous widescreen versions of this film, both on laser disc and DVD from Image, had a modified aspect ratio of about 1.9:1 instead of the original 2.35:1. What is the aspect ratio this time around?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Hi, Dick. The ratio is 2.35:1, thankfully! :emoji_thumbsup:

I think that it is one of the best sci-fi films ever made. Crichton's novel has a unique style - it was written as a 'factual' account of a 'real' event and even had a bibliography! :D Nice touch. Wise handled the material superbly, I feel and maintained great tension throughout. In this age of chemical weapons, the central theme of The Andromeda Strain is more prevelant than ever.

Glad you're a fan, Dick - enjoy the DVD! :)

Gordy

Jeremy_Z

Agent
Well I received the disc today..a day early and just finished watching it. All i can say is wow! They did a great job on the film...it's light years ahead of the old disc. Finally, I can get rid of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks