What's new

Cell Phone Reception is bad, need suggestions. (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I have a Sanyo SCP-4900 with sprint PCS which is suposed to be one of the best cell phones out there (so I have heard) but in my place it just can't get a good signal. There is just something strange in my complex as 1 block away I get a full signal but in my place it's 1 line or nothing. I always loose calls in my place.

I need suggestions to improve my signal and I know those sticker antennas do no good but what about other ones like:

http://www.eforcity.com/csyo4900an01.html

Any other suggestions to help with the reception in my place without spending a lot of money?

Brian E

Screenwriter
Don't know, but seems like it would work. I guess $15 isn't to bad to find out. They do have a 14 day money back offer.

David-S

Second Unit
I don't know about that one specifically, but the only way to increase your cell phone reception is to install a repeater (>$700), or get a longer, powered antenna (which that is).

So, theoretically, if that is really what they say, it should improve your reception. Just make sure that you have a way to plug it in at your house, if it's meant for a car, it may have a 12vdc power supply... :D

Walt N

Second Unit
The sticker type cell phone antenna boosters are a scam. They can provide a mild placebo effect but there's nothing but "junk science" behind them.
http://www.cbc.ca/streetcents/guide/2002/04/s02_01.html

I suspect your problem lies within your carrier. Sprint doesn't have the network that some of the others have and it sounds like you're too far from one of their antennas. I travel a lot with different folks and we all carry cell phones, but the ones with Sprint have consistent problems getting reception in various cities. If you can get out of your contract for your inability to get good reception, you might try Verizon or AT&T. Nationwide, they have the best coverage.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I don't know anyone that has good success with Sprint. I have AT&T and it costs more but the coverage and reception never die compared to people I know with Sprint.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I have AT&T and it costs more but the coverage and reception never die compared to people I know with Sprint.
I'd have to agree. Some of my co-workers are not at all impressed by their Sprint service. I myself just switched from Cingular to AT&T and it's been great. In particular, the building penetration of AT&T's signal is quite impressive compared to the Cingular service I had.

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
I have Sprint service and I have the same sort of problems at my office. My phone works fine in the parking lot, but not inside the building, even on the top floor. I talked to a Sprint contractor at my company and he said that it was because our building has a metal roof. Now I know that I can get a good signal on my phone if I use it under a skylight (luckily there is one right outside the door of my office).

Could your complex have similar issues?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
you might try Verizon or AT&T. Nationwide, they have the best coverage.
I agree. Here in CT, Verizon used to be Bell Atlantic Mobile, my Uncle (who was in the phone company at the time) said how Bell was the best provider because they were the first cell phone providers and had the most towers around. I'm not certain if this logic still holds up today, but I've had Bell/Version cell phone coverage for 12 years and never had any major problems.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I'm not too far from the antenna because 1 block in any direction gets me a full signal. It's just in my apartment that I have trouble.

I was always told that sprint was very good but maybe that has changed.

Anyway, is thee anything I can do to help the signal in my place for a small price?

Walt N

Second Unit
Jeff, is the reception better if you stand by a window? I don't know of anything else cheap that will help.

LisaAdams

Auditioning
Real Name
Lisa Adams
i found a solution for you.

try to contact 936 228 0400
this company is gonna help you in your problem.

its about cell phone signal boosting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks