What's new

Fatherland DVD (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
This is one of those films that people probably know very little about, but I thought I would post my question here anyway in the hopes that someone might know something about a potential forthcoming DVD release.

The film in question is, I believe, a made-for-HBO movie entitled "Fatherland" starring Rutger Hauer.

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0109779

I have a vague recollection of seeing this film, and I remember being somewhat disappointed with it, believing the book to be much better. Who hasn't heard that one before? ;) Still, I'd be willing to purchase it in order to watch it again to see if my opinion has changed.

Anyone, anyone? :)

Thanks.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
An interestingly done made-for-HBO drama, well-acted and a certainly plausible-seeming "alternative-history" tale. As for its availability on DVD, I have heard nothing.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the book was much better than the movie, but I enjoyed the movie. I am really entrigued by what if scenarios.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I want it 'cause of Miranda Richardson and Rutger Hauer, the excellent plot is just a bonus, I was looking it up recently and there doesn't seem to be a DVD in any major country that I could find.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Agree with the comments above I think the book is superb. Film is okay given it was a made for TV effort.

In the UK all we have is the VHS which I got when it first came out many years ago, its now OOP. No sign of a DVD from Warner even though English author.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks