Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Canadians - Where have you gotten your Behrigner BFD 1124 and what did you pay?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 05:55 AM

I have checked Long and McQuade stores in the greater Toronto area, Scarborough and Oshawa and they quote me the MSRP of $229.00.

Can I do better than that?

thanks

Chris
Going from projector to flatscreen for a while.... :P

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Leitch

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 06:43 AM

That is the only price I have seen... if you want, I was going to buy one too... we could get a discount on two of them (I am in Ajax too ;-) I doubt it would be worth it though... seems like pretty much a low margin item... unless you want to go to ebay...

M.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   MarkWC

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator

• 159 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 07:02 AM

Can someone explain what this actually does? I have seen more and more of these posts around lately and wonder what all the buzz is about.

Thanks
Panny 58" Plasma, AVM30, PVA7, Rockets 850, 200, 300, SVS PB10, Denon 2200, Explorer 8300 HD DVR, Xbox 360, MX700, Audioquest Wires - Love it!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 04:22 PM

Its a 24 band EQ which works in the digital domain. Has 20 bit AD and DA converters in the older 1100 version, and 24 bit AD and DA converters in the newer 1124P version. It is rather sophisticated. People use it to improve the frequency response of their subwoofer in their rooms. You can use a microphone and software to calibrate and adjust your response. Often rooms and subwoofers don't mix well and you get peaks and/or valleys in the overall room response. The Behringer Feedback Destoyer Pro or BFD is used to tame the response.

Mark,

I might be interested in that. Your name sounds familiar. Any relation to Nancy or David of Pickering Highschool circa the late 80's?

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   PaulT

PaulT

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts

Posted March 27 2003 - 01:21 AM

2 Music Stores in Calgary have quoted me MSRP (229CDN) and no lower, and I recall from a post a few months ago a member here from Saskatchewan paid MSRP as well, so it looks like no discounting. I have no local shop where I am in BC to get one from, but have to assume Vancouver would be the same.
"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work--supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat." -- Douglas Adams

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Leitch

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted March 27 2003 - 03:05 AM

No relation that I know of Chris... I do not expect savings to be that great but if they would do 2 for $400 then it could be worth it...

M.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 12:37 PM

I'll think about it. I'm not setup to use it yet.