Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

How to identify SACD's?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jack Dotson

Jack Dotson

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 05:40 AM

I'n my area only CC and BB sell SACD's. Both have a section where the SACD's are stocked separate from the standard CD's and of course carry a higher price tag. However, if I've been reading some of these post correctly, there are some SACD's out there that are being sold at near the same price as standard CD's, but apparently are not readily identifiable? The one's I've heard of are some Rolling Stones, the new Pink Floyd DSOTM, and the Police. Is there a way I can tell these copies from the normal copies (especially interested in the new Pink Floyd)? Also, are there any others out there that I haven't mentioned and is there a source to find these type of CD's? Thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 07:17 AM

The Pink Floyd SACD has a dark blue background with the pyramid prizm as opposed to the older black background. The copy I bought also had a round sticker showing it was a SACD. The SACD Rolling stones are in the cardboard digipacks. I believe the Police are labeled as SACD's.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Tyler DJW

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 07:19 AM

I purchased both the Police and DSOTM at BestBuy. The Police has a HYBRID SACD sticker on the cover, like other SACDs often (always?) do. DSOTM had a different sticker on it that said it was CD and SACD compatible. It also has a different cover from the previous releases. Those two are pretty easy to tell. Both these discs were kept with other CDs and not in the HiRez section. I don't beleive the Stone's discs are labeled at all on the outside, but I could be wrong. I haven't purchased any so hopefully someone else can advise.
My DVD Collection
XBOX GamerTag: MumbleyJoe

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Bill Prince

Bill Prince

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 07:52 AM

Stones CDs have nothing on the outside to indicate the disc is SACD. Look for copyright date of 2002.
"Do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users