Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount- Why barebones for The Brady Bunch?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 02:07 PM

DVDfile reports that these discs will be released sans supplements. I know there were a number of deleted scenes (including one shown in the TV cut and a number of deleted original cast cameos), and I think these titles have enough of a cult fanbase to warrent their inclusion.
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Dylan Davis

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 02:37 AM

I agree. A Betty Thomas or cast commentary would be great, too.

Dylan

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 03:10 AM

A Quote from Mr Blythe:quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our policy is to load up special features on new releases like this and be highly selective with special features on the catalog titles. Sure, it's a bottom line issue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new release that is mentioned is, of course, Jackass the Movie.

Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 04:16 AM

Barf. That's an understandable policy, but I think there are titles being released that deserve more features (Trading Spaces, Major League, Footloose). Especially when this disc was delayed for over a year (originally was said to be coming in 2002, or even 2001, IIRC). And I would have liked to see the trailer, which isn't on-line anywhere.
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"