What's new

Sony 7000 still king? (1 Viewer)

Pat Donoh

Auditioning
Speaking strictly in terms of 480i video performance, is the Sony DVP-S7000 still the best machine out there? With the demand for interlaced players declining, are there any recent players that can even compete with the old 7000?

thanks for any input

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
My near-6 year old Sony DVP-S300 has looked better than 3 other players I've had in the system. The 7000 must be really good then, if I'm this happy with the entry level from that era.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
I had a 7000 way back when.

It was a great player at the time (the best).

Now I've got a new Sony 415.

For picture performance, the 7000 is old hat. Soft and dull compared to the 415.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I still have mine as a 2nd player in the bedroom. Still performs like a champ and cant complain about the picture

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
My parents have an old Panasonic RV-30. It gives a wonderful composite interlaced picture.

I cannot compare it to the Sony, however.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
It is indeed old hat. Compatibility problems are a factor too with today's newer DVD mastering software used.

Plus, it cannot output a DTS bitstream.

Dan

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Compatibility problems are a factor too with today's newer DVD mastering software used.
I'm wondering what those problems may be. In case I ever pick one up - Any specifics?

(And I'm not being smart - just would like to know...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks