What's new

June 10 Paramount releases incl more Bogart & Grease 2 amongst others (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from dvdfile

June 10th comes four long-awaited catalog faves: Grease 2, The Brady Bunch Movie, A Very Brady Sequel and Is Paris Burning? Each is features a new anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track. Paramount will also release the Humphrey Bogart classic Desperate Hours and the WWII drama Murphy's War on the 10th, each in anamorphic widescreen and mono. Although there aren't supplements on any of the above, retail is $19.95 a pop.

I am looking forward to the Bogart Classic Desparate Hours

:emoji_thumbsup:

Danny_N

Second Unit
Real Name
Danny
Desperate Hours and the underrated Is Paris Burning? (great score by Maurice Jarre!) are mine :emoji_thumbsup:
I hope that Is Paris Burning? will be the Roadshow version.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
What is it with these releases being done in MONO? That makes little sense to me. Granted, Grease 2 was done in the early 80's, but the Brady films were done in the 90's...is this a misprint?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
What is it with these releases being done in MONO? That makes little sense to me. Granted, Grease 2 was done in the early 80's, but the Brady films were done in the 90's...is this a misprint?
Look at the first post again - "anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track" are for Grease 2 and the BB movies. Mono is for Desperate Hours and Murphy's War only.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Thank you Peter...still numb from the Academy Awarts (yes that was intended)....:b

Jodee

Screenwriter
I love Grease 2 and have been waiting for this forever.

I still don't understand why this was not release with Grease last fall though. Seemed like it would have been better promotion for the studio. If it was some legal hold-up, they sure managed to fix it it right away.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Several sites list the upcoming as NOT Is Paris Burning but a later film caled Paris is Burning - a totally different film

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I think it is safe to believe that those sites are wrong. IS PARIS BURNING is the film released and owned by Paramount. PARIS IS BURNING is a documentary released by Miramax in 1991.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks