Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

June 10 Paramount releases incl more Bogart & Grease 2 amongst others

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 10:53 AM

from dvdfile

June 10th comes four long-awaited catalog faves: Grease 2, The Brady Bunch Movie, A Very Brady Sequel and Is Paris Burning? Each is features a new anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track. Paramount will also release the Humphrey Bogart classic Desperate Hours and the WWII drama Murphy's War on the 10th, each in anamorphic widescreen and mono. Although there aren't supplements on any of the above, retail is $19.95 a pop.

I am looking forward to the Bogart Classic Desparate Hours

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 9 John Torrez

John Torrez

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 04:29 PM

Sad to see the Brady Bunch movies featureless, but I will buy them anyway.

#3 of 9 Danny_N

Danny_N

Stunt Coordinator

• 245 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 09:33 PM

Desperate Hours and the underrated Is Paris Burning? (great score by Maurice Jarre!) are mine Posted Image
I hope that Is Paris Burning? will be the Roadshow version.

#4 of 9 Chuck L

Chuck L

Screenwriter

• 1,008 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 12:12 AM

What is it with these releases being done in MONO? That makes little sense to me. Granted, Grease 2 was done in the early 80's, but the Brady films were done in the 90's...is this a misprint?

#5 of 9 Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,577 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 01:07 AM

Quote:
What is it with these releases being done in MONO? That makes little sense to me. Granted, Grease 2 was done in the early 80's, but the Brady films were done in the 90's...is this a misprint?
Look at the first post again - "anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track" are for Grease 2 and the BB movies. Mono is for Desperate Hours and Murphy's War only.
"What we're fighting for, in the end...we're fighting for each other." - Col. Joshua Chamberlain in "Gettysburg"

#6 of 9 Chuck L

Chuck L

Screenwriter

• 1,008 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 02:01 AM

Thank you Peter...still numb from the Academy Awarts (yes that was intended)....:b

#7 of 9 Jodee

Jodee

Screenwriter

• 1,044 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 02:14 AM

I love Grease 2 and have been waiting for this forever.

I still don't understand why this was not release with Grease last fall though. Seemed like it would have been better promotion for the studio. If it was some legal hold-up, they sure managed to fix it it right away.

#8 of 9 Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,931 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 04:47 AM

Several sites list the upcoming as NOT Is Paris Burning but a later film caled Paris is Burning - a totally different film

#9 of 9 Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,142 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 05:44 AM

I think it is safe to believe that those sites are wrong. IS PARIS BURNING is the film released and owned by Paramount. PARIS IS BURNING is a documentary released by Miramax in 1991.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal