Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Need help with gamecubes in surround sound(cant get DPLII to work)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   KennB

KennB

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 08:32 AM

Ok I just bought a Kenwood VR-6060 reciever and wanted to play the gamecube games in surround sound DPLII,but I cant seem to figure out how to make the reciever switch to DPLII. I set the game to surround sound but the reciever still just plays stereo. What am I doing wrong?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Masood Ali

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 09:08 AM

With my older Kenwood reciever, I had to make sure it was set to "Analog" because the Gamecube outputs using RCA cables; then I had to hit "Surround Mode" until it cycled through to DPL. There should be a similar button on your reciever.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   KennB

KennB

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 09:39 AM

Actually I figured out why I couldnt cycle through the surround options is because I hade my fronts "B" turned on and it always read as stereo when I was doing manual selection. Only when I selected "A" only it let me do PLII movie,music,and all those other surround modes. So I guess with only digital inputs(Gamecube is only analog Posted Image ) i'm able to use "A/B" together and in surround sound(DD or DTS).