Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Need help with gamecubes in surround sound(cant get DPLII to work)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   KennB

KennB

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 08:32 AM

Ok I just bought a Kenwood VR-6060 reciever and wanted to play the gamecube games in surround sound DPLII,but I cant seem to figure out how to make the reciever switch to DPLII. I set the game to surround sound but the reciever still just plays stereo. What am I doing wrong?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Masood Ali

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 09:08 AM

With my older Kenwood reciever, I had to make sure it was set to "Analog" because the Gamecube outputs using RCA cables; then I had to hit "Surround Mode" until it cycled through to DPL. There should be a similar button on your reciever.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   KennB

KennB

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 09:39 AM

Actually I figured out why I couldnt cycle through the surround options is because I hade my fronts "B" turned on and it always read as stereo when I was doing manual selection. Only when I selected "A" only it let me do PLII movie,music,and all those other surround modes. So I guess with only digital inputs(Gamecube is only analog Posted Image ) i'm able to use "A/B" together and in surround sound(DD or DTS).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users