What's new

selling mx700 remote because i'm getting B&K 505 receiver with its own mx700 (1 Viewer)

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
i bought an mx700 several months ago, and, right after i bought it, bought a new large tv and never used it again since i'm waiting for my B&K 505 receiver, which comes with its own mx700 as its standard remote.

while i've encountered delay after delay for my B&K 505 receiver, i didn't want to program my mx700 just for a couple of weeks just to have to program the new mx700 that comes with the B&K when it arrives. so, my mx700 is hardly ever used.

it is available for sale now.

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, price is:

$350 or best offer.

please note that i have never even used the smaller remote that it comes with, and barely used the main remote. it is very new and fresh.

there's just no point in keeping this one when the B&K receiver comes with the exact same thing.

thanks.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Vincent,

Slightly off topic, but since you brought it up, a key advantage of the MX-700 is its PC programmability. As such, you would not have wasted any effort in setting up your original remote ahead of time, as you could import all of these devices into the new file that B&K would give you with the 505 version of the remote (I assume they would start you off with a file that includes the 505 device, or at least you'd be able to upload it from the remote and then save it as a new file). The software that comes with the remote would make this all fairly easy. With this, I am assuming that the firmware and software is the same or compatible between the B&K and HTM direct versions.

Doug

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
Camp,

please note that the seller from your link clearly says that the cable is NOT included. i don't know where you would buy such a cable or whether you would feel comfortable with a non-factory cable. who needs cable compatibility issues? i made sure that mine included a factory cable.

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
Doug,

i was told ( i still have not received my B&K 505 receiver yet, delay after delay, ugh!) that the B&K's remote is the exact same unit as the mx700 except for a few customized buttons and pre-programmed functions. i wanted to do the programming "right" for the B&K receiver. plus, i NEVER expected such a long wait time for my B&K!

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, i purchased mine from bluedo.com because i trust them.

please do your own research on your link to that seller and see if you feel that you're satisfied. if so, you'll feel comfortable about buying it from them.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Maybe im wrong but i find it wrong for people to respond to others for sale ads with links to places to possibly buy it cheaper. I think this should be stopped on the this forum but that just my useless opinion i spose..

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to reiterate that I'm interested in a quality-conscious company who cares about customer service, etc.

I chose bluedo.com because, from what little I know about them from my research, they seemed totally knowledgeable and "up and up" and are into providing good customer service. Whether I paid more for it or not, I chose it precisely because I know exactly what Programming Cable I was getting from them, and I was not interested in dealing with incompatible things - just not worth it for me.

Everyone is free to purchase from wherever one chooses to spend their money. Please do you independent research to your own satisfaction, and then make an informed, educated guess as to whether you think that particular dealer is to be trusted with your purchasing dollar.

This is only a remote, and I asked for $400 or best offer. It really is quite simple and self explanatory. I hope anyone who's interested will do their own research and decide what is the level of comfort for him/herself.

Best,

Vincent

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Brian,

Maybe im wrong but i find it wrong for people to respond to others for sale ads with links to places to possibly buy it cheaper.
Whether you're wrong or right, the owners of HTF have the same opinion as you and thus have included such restrictions specifically for the "For Sale" forums.

Doug

VincentY

Stunt Coordinator
My B&K 507 arrived (along with its own mx700 equivalent remote). I'm ready to sell my mx700 package anytime.

$350 or best offer.

please note that i have never even used the smaller remote that it comes with, and barely used the main remote. it is very new and fresh and was originally purchased from bluedo.com with the programming cable. i purchased it from bluedo.com because i felt that they are very knowledgeable and reliable, and that their programming cable will not have compatibility problems.

there's just no point in keeping this one when the B&K receiver comes with the exact same thing.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks