What's new

To Wong Foo - quality comments? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
The "search" feature seems to only half the time work for this forum (says too busy to search) so posting a new thread.

Just received a copy of To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar and wanted to make a comment on the transfer.

Outside that this is pretty much a bare bones DVD, and the fact that Universal has, to my opinion, put out some less that pristine offerings... the transfer on this is nothing less than astounding! The colors are vivid. The blacks are true as are the whites. I saw no film blemishes, no pixelation, no noticeable background noise. The sound was balanced. Why can't all of Universal's older catalog DVD's be this way? I was truely amazed from the opening credits to the closing ones with the quality. I would say this one falls in line with 20th Century Fox entries!

Does anyone agree here?

Will K

Screenwriter
Agreed. It does look fabulous. I just wish they had included the theatrical trailer, which contained bits not in the final cut or in the deleted scenes section. I had started a thread on this disc a few weeks back but there apparently aren't that many WF fans around here. Either way, it's a say something hat day!

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Will K,

Guess there aren't that many fans of this type of movie :frowning:

It IS a must for any "queen" to have in their collection though! Now all I am missing are the La Cage Aux Folles series and the missing in action... Torch Song Trilogy.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
ChiChi Rodriguez is the best part of the whole movie!

Will K

Screenwriter
Guess there aren't that many fans of this type of movie
At least not on this board.

I don't care for many "soft" movies, but Wong Foo is one of those little gems that grabs you with infectious sweetness.

Arnie, you're right. ChiChi is awesome. "I got more legs than a bucket of chicken." Priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks