What's new

Question about Jurassic Park dvds (1 Viewer)

RyanJo

Auditioning
I have seen some posts about that there are defective JP dvd discs. How do I know which ones are the corrected versions? I am only interested in buying the first 2 ones cause I didn't care for the 3rd one. Thanks in advance. :)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Try doing a search using "Jurassic" and "defective" as search criteria. I am sure lots of info will turn up.

Personally, I had the defective JP1 dts when it came out. I exchanged it for the corrected JP1 dts. I also have JP2 dts which was ok, and I have jp3 to complete the set, with the box that Universal shipped to me.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"and I have jp3 to complete the set, with the box that Universal shipped to me."

I'm guessing no, but does anyone know if Universal will still send the 4th Disc and box if the three movies are obtained separately, or if you want to pursue DTS on JP and JP:TLW. I was thinking of getting JP3 and JP:TLW from the Universal Free DVD offer, but I want to get the whole set and if Universal will not send 4th disc and box anymore, I will get other DVDs that are part of Universal's offer

greg_t

Screenwriter
When JP 3 was released, it had a coupon in it to send in and they would send you the bonus disc and the box to put them all in for a small fee. If I remember correctly, there was a time limit, but it's been a while since I got mine.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The corrected DTS DVDs have the PEMC-D2R2 code on the inner hub of the disc and the video_ts files are dated November 14th, 2000. The Dolby Digital versions were never corrected.

I also got the supplemental disc and box to go along with my JP DTS, LW DTS, and JP III discs. The box set at the store is only for the DD versions, which stink.

Dan

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm guessing no, but does anyone know if Universal will still send the 4th Disc and box if the three movies are obtained separately
I'd be willing to sell or trade my 4th bonus disc and box... The box is stored away and I almost never watch bonus features more than once (if that these days), so neither does me a ton of good.

Dan

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
I was worried you'd ask that... :)

I'm not sure how to really place a number on something like that. I don't get much use out of it, which brings the value down somewhat, but it isn't something you can just go out and buy by itself, so that increases the value... $5-10?

Dan

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm listening. I'm willing to give a fair amount, but let me know because then I can get JP:TLW and JP3 as part of the Universal Free DVD offer

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
If we're more or less on the same page, then I'd say go for the free offer and get the wheels rolling. I'm sure we can work something out. :)

I need to head off for a meeting for probably an hour or two. I don't know that the rest of this conversation is of much interest to others, so you can email or PM me if you like.

Dan

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow, will be back in town on Monday. I'll check back on this thread for any response when I get back

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks