What's new

Kenwood 6060/6070 questions (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
Can either one of these recievers do the 6.1 fix where it will matrix the rear center channel on any 5.1 channel source regardless of whether its DD EX or not.? (Yamaha and pioneer have this feature).

Also can you assign digital inputs. I know there is an optical input for CD/DVD, but i would prefer to use one of the coaxil inputs for it. So can I use the optical CD/DVD input for another source?

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I just bought the Kenwood 6070 about a week ago. It can transform a 5.1 encoded soundtrack into a MATRIX 6.1, by using the surround remix feature. You can't assign digital inputs. Other then that great receiver so far. Hope that this helps.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Ditto. Just picked up the VR-6060 myself (now $295 on clearance at Best Buy). It will turn DD 5.1 tracks into EX tracks, as well as turn plain DTS tracks into DTS-ES Matrixed tracks. I tend to not do it, being an anal purist, but it can be done. Great receiver. BTW. I just got my new speakers today, but it's even been making my turd 30W Sony HTIB speakers sound like a million bucks while I waited.

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
You mean If I use the coaxial input for dvd, I cant just hook up a playstation 2 or cable reciever to the cd/dvd digital input and just remember what i hooked up to it when I select that input? Also, i have seperate cd and dvd players. Can I hook the cd player up to the CD/DVD analog inputs and dvd to a digital input and both will work right?

Users who are viewing this thread