What's new

Cowboy Bebop The movie (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I was just wondering if anyone had any final word on this release? They did such a great job on Metropolis I expect nothing less from them. Also, I saw one post had the final artwork up but it was taken down, can someone put a link to it?
Thanks

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, CTHV hasnot posted details, and probably won't until after it releases next week, and probably closer to May

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chad, you must have missed the explanation I posted regarding why the covers were removed:

I was just reminded that I am not allowed to show those items prior to Columbia's announce date for each title. My apologies for the tease, I don't want to upset the studio, though. The pictures have been removed.
I have removed those files from the internet, so a link will do no good. I'll re-obtain them after Columbia has announced that title, and if noone else has posted them before I do then I'll get them back up.

People's comments about the CB artwork wasn't too complimentary, though, so perhaps it will change...

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I guess it would be too much to hope that CTHV would release the DVD as 'Knocking On Heaven's Door', instead of the less effective "The Movie".

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I guess it would be too much to hope that CTHV would release the DVD as 'Knocking On Heaven's Door', instead of the less effective "The Movie".
Sigh... if only they would. They have even replaced the title card in the credits w/ the "new" title. Whatever, as long as it is OSL and OAR I will be happy. I am hoping they use a keepcase so I can put it inside my Perfect Sessions box (which has one open space for this purpose). :)

BTW, the movie is amazing... go see it in theatres ;)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Well isn't there copyright issues due to "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" being a Bob Dylan song?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, the song is not used in the movie either. If it where a legal issue it would have to be changed in Japan as well.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just curious, has a movie ever had two DTS tracks on it? This is the only Anime that I watch in english over it's original language and I'm just praying that they do a DTS release for it? Was there any chance that you also had a picture of the back cover with specs?
Thank you

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There is no DTS mix for Cowboy Bebop so it's unlikely to be in DTS in either language.

No one releases back cover shots on their press sites

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They might do DTS for the English dub, but not for the Japanese one unless one is made.

For Spirited Away, I read that the title changes to english if you watch the movie with the English dub, but is in the original Japanese (w/o a subtitle translation) when in Japanese dub. Why don't they do this with this movie?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Because it's standard Disney procedure to offer titles in the language you select. That's their official excuse for why they lock the audio tracks.

Try starting any other Disney family title, or Princess Mononoke in other languages.

It is not standard CTHD procedure

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Was Metropolis played in DTS in theaters? Another thing to think about was a DTS track was never made for Evil Dead till DVD release so why not with Bebop? NOt sure if anyone say the dubbed version when it was shown at conventions but does anyone know if the soundtrack was changed? I remember hearing a nasty rumor about that, but then again, it could just be me accidently helping on this nasty rumor.
Thanks

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Since the date is announced, can the box art be reposted? I recall it was taken down.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I doubt any American art exists, given as it was just announced.

However, it should reflect the Japanese DVD art, so you could go to Amazon.jp (not sure if that's the address) and look that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks