Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I'm having trouble hooking my vcr through hdtv reciever to tape?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JohnTKline

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 02:11 PM

I have the toshiba dst-3000 hdtv reciever. So I like to listen through the tv speakers or use the a/v reciever via optical connections. Trouble is, the hdtv reciever only has two rca audio outputs. (one for 480i and one for 1080i). 480i listening is not a problem at all, it's trying to listen to 1080i programming without the a/v reciever on. So how can I use my vcr without unplugging my 1080i audio outputs? Right now I can't listen to 1080i unless it's coming through the optical, unless I take the vcr out of the equation and use the 1080i audio outputs directly to the tv. John

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,974 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted March 25 2003 - 12:07 PM

Your question is a little vague, John, and it’s unclear what you’re trying to accomplish. Typically, to tape, all you need to do is send line-level A/V signals from the HDTV receiver to the VCR’s line inputs. Am I missing something? Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt
My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users