-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Enjoying Our System

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   AllenLC

• 43 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 11:17 AM

Well it's been a month or so and I would like to report on our new HT. A Hitachi TV, an Onkyo Receiver and Onkyo's top DVD player with Dahlquist speakers and an Infinity BU2 Sub is what we have. (click the gear on the header to see our setup) We whatched Pearl Harbor last night in DTS and WOW!!! I just can't say enough. OUTSTANDING! I have the QX6 for surrounds and they are configured as "Large". This was my last adjustment and a notacably good one. Thanks to Marc at "audioshop.on.ca" for his after sales support with the following text, we were knocked out of our socks experiancing Pearl Harbor cranked up a bit. The bass is quite remarkable on the QX6 and my preference would be to run them as large. Do try them both large and small though to see what you prefer. The advantage of running them as large keeps all the channels discrete and gives the best overall clarity. The advantage of running them as small is that it eases the work load on the Onkyo receiver; the bass frequencies would be re-routed to the subwoofer output so the Onkyo has an easier workload of just having to reproduce the mids and highs and the heavy duty bass work is done by the amplifier in the subwoofer. My opinion though is that just muddles the subwoofer up by having to try and reproduce more information than it has to. I think your Onkyo has plenty enough horsepower to run them as large. Regards, Marc You can't go wrong shopping there.
Thanks, AllenLC

My Setup

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 04:52 PM

Congratulations on the system. I am correcting the thread title spelling for you.
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Marc H

Marc H

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 06:54 AM

Hi AC, Thanks for your kind words and for your business! Regards, Marc
Marc Hallam

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 08:56 AM

[quote] We whatched Pearl Harbor last night in DTS and WOW!!! [quote]20-30 minutes of straight action really gives the old sub a workout. Posted Image

Truly amazing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users