Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Hitchcock DVDs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   PaulP

• 3,291 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 09:37 AM

I was doing searches on Google and Amazon and on this forum, but can't quite find what I'm looking for. Maybe someone here could help me out. I'm looking for a complete filmography of Hitchcock with DVD status of the films. Some of the titles have so many DVD versions out, it's crazy. I'm looking for a comprehensive list of definitive editions. And with anything pending/in the works, since I'm not buying Psycho, awaiting an anamorphic edition (I know, a crime). So, anyone?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   RonWilson

• 16 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 09:45 AM

Go to www.imdb.com and type his name into the search and it will give you a complete listing of his films. From there you can click on each individual title and it will give you tons of info ranging from complete cast list, release dates, quotes, poster images, goofs, awards and DVD/ video info.I highly reccommend it. You can do the same with www.rottentomatoes.com as well.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   PaulP

• 3,291 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 10:16 AM

Yeah, I forgot to mention IMDB. But the thing is that because there are so many editions of different films and double features and boxes, it's very hard to come up with a definitive listing. I was hoping someone already had this made.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 11:58 AM

THIS could be useful.

#5 of 7 ONLINE   GlennH

• 2,130 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 12:18 PM

It's not up-to-date (To Catch A Thief has been released now), but here is a page at thedigitalbits.com listing his American films:

Of course, for the five Hitchcock films that Criterion has an edition of, that's the definitive version to get (I have all but Spellbound):

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   PaulP

• 3,291 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for that Bits link. By the way, of Criterions, I have Spellbound and Rebecca Posted Image

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Brian PB

Brian PB

Supporting Actor

• 671 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 01:55 PM

If you're planning on buying the three remaining Criterion Hitchcocks, it will probably be cheaper to buy the box set (Wrong Men and Notorious Women) when it comes out (May 13th). I have mine preordered from DVD Planet for about 85 bucks (incl shipping), so that's $17 apiece. Individually, you'd have to pay at least $26-27 each. It'd be easy to sell the two duplicates on Amazon or Ebay for at least $20-25 apiece. Just a suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users