Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Is Scifi channel movie "Riverworld" going to come out on dvd??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,003 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 08:48 AM

I know some Scifi channel movies come out on dvd. Does anyone know if Riverworld is going to be released on dvd?
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 11:25 AM

No idea. Unlike Children Of Dune, it hasn't quickly appeared at the various e-tailers.

Also, this "wildcard" bit of info appeared this past Saturday (I first saw it today): despite being touted by SciFi as a simple "telefilm", and the IMDB's "coding system" (lack of quotes around the title, but the "(TV)" designator right after the title) seeming to indicate the same, a coworker today pointed me to a place I usually stay far away from: Aint It Cool News, where "Hercules" there says JUST this:

[quote] It’s actually a pilot. The first 15 are pretty good, but why only one Neanderthal? [quote]

Huh...this is gonna be a series? Posted Image First I've heard of it. What does he mean "the first 15 are pretty good"? Are 15 episodes made already?!?!?

As for being "pretty good", the IMDB commentator thought otherwise! Posted Image

I *hope* it comes to DVD soon, so I can judge for myself. I don't have cable/satellite (since I have so many DVDs!), and I love the Riverworld novels, so I'd like to have this on disc and see if it's any good.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 01:20 PM

It's probably some direct to video movie SF bought first dibs on

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 01:51 PM

Sci Fi channel shows seem to be hit or miss as far as DVD goes. Taken was announced around the time it aired and Children of Dune was announced long before the series aired. But as far as I know, there has been no announcement about Clive Barker's Saint Sinner. It aired last October and I somehow deleted it before I had a chance to watch it. I think there was talk about it coming to DVD before it aired, but nothing since then. Gregory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users