-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Paramount: Star Trek special editions beyond VI?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve Vivona

Steve Vivona

• 14 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 06:32 AM

Mr. Blythe, I was just wondering if Paramount plans to do special editions of the "Next Generation" Star Trek films, Generations, First Contact and Insurrection or will they end with Star Trek VI? Thanks! Steve

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

• 3,596 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 06:35 AM

I believe the plan was to do all of the Star Trek films that way.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 11:46 AM

Steve, as a member of the press (unless there are two of you), feel free to contact us directly, not that I can be that forthcoming on this subject! Cheers, Martin

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

• 3,527 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 01:03 PM

I think at least one of those was non-anamorphic, so I hope they do them, at least for that.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 10:59 AM

Other than S.T 5 I would love to see the footage the supposedly cut out of 6 and 7 and of course a Nemesis Directors cut

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Aaron Thomas

Aaron Thomas

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 03:55 AM

Given that the Star Trek brand name is a license to print money for Paramount, I assume the only question left is how to space out the releases in order to maximize profits (and minimize complaints of "Why wasn't this an SCE in the first place?"). On a personal note, while I applaud Paramount's willingness to consider releasing Director's Cuts, I hope they consider keeping the theatrical version in print as they have for The Wrath of Khan. Aaron Thomas A professor once told me that I wasn't quite original when I subtitled my rewrite of a paper on the Categorical Imperative "The Wrath of Kant"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users