Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Barenaked in America...ever released in USA?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Phil Florian

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 12:21 AM

This movie has been done for some time and I am told it is available on DVD in Canada (region 1, right?). Will it ever get a US release? Isn't it from a lot of US Tours? Gah! I did watch some of a friend's "Barelaked Nadies" DVD this past weekend and it was great. Lots of content and it sounds wonderful but the few live tracks on it make me wish more for a live DVD. Any words? Or should I just get the Canadian version and be done with it?

Thanks,

Phil

#2 of 6 Karl F

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 07:27 AM

Phil,

It was distributed in the US by The Shooting Gallery exclusively to either BB or Hollywood Video, I don't remember which, so there's not a lot of copies -- and I don't even know if they even made any DVDs, or only VHS.

In any case, Shooting Gallery have since gone out of business, so who knows if it'll show up again.

So, personally, I'd definitely pick up the Canadian version.

--K

#3 of 6 Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter

• 1,413 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 07:57 AM

Is it definitely on DVD in Canada? A search of HMV's site only turned up the "Barelaked Nadies" disc and the "Too Little Too Late" DVD single.

It is on DVD in Australia, for sure, though. A pair of reviews:

http://www.michaeldv....?ReviewID=1429
http://www.dvd.net.a....review_id=1466

#4 of 6 Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter

• 1,761 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 08:44 AM

i picked up a previewed VHS at blockbuster for $3.99.

seemed as if it was never rented...

#5 of 6 Dave Corder

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 12:00 PM

As far as I know, the only DVD of Barenaked in America is an R2 release (was not aware of the AU version). I've been tempted for many months to import it from Amzaon.co.uk.

Like Patrick, I picked up a pre-viewed copy at Blockbuster a while back.

Because of that, I've been holding out for an R1 release, which thus far hasn't come. I'd snap that up in a hurry if was ever released.

You might check out the official site, www.bnlmusic.com, as well as the fan message boards there to see if anyone has any more info.

Cheers,

Dave C.

#6 of 6 Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted March 24 2003 - 12:31 PM

I hope this comes out on DVD soon. I saw Kevin last week, he's a really nice guy.